Pure homemade Soy milk is healthy and delicious. Soybeans good source of low-fat and complete plant-based protein. It is cholesterol-free, has less saturated fat than cow’s milk and lowers the LDL in the body.
Making your own soy milk is super easy. It is more delicious and nutritious than commercial soy milk which usually have a thickeners, filler ingredients and sugar. You can flavor it with your choice of sweetener or use this plain soy milk to make tofu, soy yogurt or cultured cheese.
1 cup of dried organic soybeans
5 cups of cold water
Optional : 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Optional : sweetener of your choice, to taste.
1. Soaked in cold water overnight. (pick out the dead soybeans) One cup of dried beans turns into 3 cups once hydrated
2. Strain the soybeans and put them in a large bowl.
3. Scrub the soybeans with your hands to remove the skins.
4. Put the soybeans in a large pot with 2 cups of water, cover, and boil for 20 minutes over medium high. If it boils over, cover pot halfway. Add vanilla extract if you like.
5. Rinse and Strain the soybeans in cold water. Add half of the batch beans and 2 ½ cups of water into blender, then blend for 2 minutes until the mixture turns creamy. Then do the same with the rest of the beans.
6. Strain the milk out by using a nut bag.(If you don’t have a nut bag, a jelly bag or a few layer of chess cloth also works.)
Enjoy hot or cold within 3 days.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to receive special discounts, tips and recipes!