The Best Asian Marinated Tofu (Vegan, Vegetarian)
- 1 box of firm tofu diced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster flavored sauce
- 1 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Microwave the diced tofu on high heat for 2 minutes; this helps to extract liquid.
Mix the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl (water, soy sauce, vinegar, Oyster sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne powder)
Add the tofu and let it marinate, covered in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. If you let it marinate longer, it will have a more intense flavor.
- Sauté the tofu without marinate sauce in a frying pan until it turns golden brown. Then add sesame oil
In another bowl mix the marinade liquid and cornstarch, and stir well until all cornstarch is dissolved.
Pour the sauce mix into the frying pan and cook until it thickens.
- Serve and garnish with some chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.