1 cup teriyaki sauce store-bought or homemade teriyaki sauce
16 oz extra firm tofu
3 cups mixed vegetables
1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari(for marinating)
2 tbsp sesame oil (for frying)
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup of cilantro
8-10 butter or Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried well
1. Drain and press your extra firm tofu to get as much excess water out of it as possible. (Make sure to drain and press your tofu well.)
2. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Marinate the tofu in soy sauce or the teriyaki sauce for at least 15 minutes. ( You can marinate it a day or two in advance, but be sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to cook.)
4. Stir fry the tofu in 1 tbsp of sesame oil on medium-high heat, flipping frequently until the tofu cubes become crispy on all sides.
5. In large lettuce leaves, fill them with the teriyaki tofu, bean sprouts, and cilantro.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to receive special discounts, tips and recipes!